SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2lotsokids

In Need Of New Pots/Pans Set, Looking for Opinions Please...

mom2lotsokids
18 years ago

I have a full set of the Ultrex 2 nonstick set. Well after 4 years the nonstick is coming off. This morning I got a nice big swallow if it. Knowing the stuff is dangerous and having a hubby and five children, I'm done with them. I did call the company and they gave me no problems over the phone, stating to send them back, and they'll send out a new set of the ones I send back. BUT it will take 8-14 weeks. With 7 in our family and this our only set of cookware, that won't be happening until I get another set.

So I'd like opinions on what you feel is the best. Longest lasting? Nonstick? Copper? Stainless steel w/o nonstick? What about heavy cast iron? Price is a factor right this moment BUT in the Spring I'll be getting a good set and then it won't be a factor. Gotta get through the holidays first.

What do you recommend? I do a lot of cooking. I do NOT use a dishwasher - I am the dishwasher. I won't even let the kids wash my pots and pans. I never use metal utensils in any pot or pan. I clean them always immediately after using - I don't eat and then clean. I clean then eat.

I great appreciate any suggestions you have or recommendations. I'm tired of having to buy a new set every couple of years. Though I need a temporary one now, come Spring, I want one set that will last me for many many years.

Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer