SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Itemizing Rough Construction Costs?

nostalgicfarm
10 years ago

I am still in a very early planning phase. We are in Nebraska, so a lot lower COL compared to a lot of the U.S. We own the land, and I also already have fairly accurate estimates for septic, electricity, and water is already hooked up :). It seems like a lot of our exterior of home stuff is going to significantly add to our build.... ICF, 2*6 construction of 16 inch centers, hardi/stone, highish quality windows and about the most expensive metal roof! We will be able to do a lot of the labor ourselves (like roof, as labor for aluminum shingles is crazy!).
We will also do a lot of the woodworking (cabinet building), crown molding/ tile laying, staining ourselves. Some of this wouldn't get done until some time after moving in. For example, closets and laundry room finishes, etc, finishing basement, etc.
Is there some sort of breakout somewhere that lists cost by percentages? Basement, framing, roofing, drywall, siding, cabinetry, appliances, HVAC, electrical, etc?
I am floating somewhere between 1800-2000 sq ft for main floor, 800-1000 upstairs, and a full unfinished walkout basement. garage will be attached, somore expensive as total roof area will be more than 2000 sq ft. I hope thismakes sense....I think I just look at numbers differently. I am a very detailed person, and have to have most things decided ahead of time. I think in NE the 100 sq/ft rings fairly true with all labor included. I would also assume that includes landscaping/sod/driveway/utilities/etc. At 11K for water/electricity/and septic, I think we are pretty low in comparison to some out here. I am also looking at under 3K for all city/county fees/etc.

Comments (11)