SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krikit_gw

Best source for WinFast audio driver

krikit
15 years ago

I have an old emachines computer that had the motherboard replaced under Circuit City's extended warranty due to a power surge. When they replaced the power supply and the motherboard they told me they didn't do anything with the software - just replaced the defective hardware - so they didn't hang around to see if everything worked. I don't know enough to do a whole lot with computers but was able to get it back to being usable, except .... there is no audio. And when you try to start Windows media player it goes to a blue screen and gives some message. The computer works fine as long as you don't use media player. Someone told me it was probably needing an audio driver. I did a search and came up with a couple of places that offer downloads of software that will find the correct driver for you. Are these safe to download? Can anyone here recommend a safe site? The motherboard is WinFast K7S 741GXMG. I would appreciate any advice, and please be gentle with your criticisms - I am admittedly an idiot.

Comments (17)