SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Lexmark X8350 Advice and Lower cost ink??

jerry_nj
17 years ago

I have exchanged some information this las week on a Lexmark X4270, so don't ask why I'm using an ink jet, I've been happy, albeit, not without some disappointments.

BJs has a special sale price on the (senior model?) X8350 Printer. A couple things I like: the looks and the flat-bed scanner/copier. My X4270 and my previous X63 use a sheet feeder for copy/fax. Also, the X8350 "looks" more office-like in features and touch and feel, and the Lexmark ink cartridges are about 1/2 the cost of the 20 (color) and 70 (Black) I have been using for the last few years. It is hard to tell on the exact size or amount of ink (I didn't look real hard but Lexmark doesn't go out of their way to tell a customer how much ink they are buying), but the box is similar in size to the more expensive 20 and 70 cartridges. I think the cartridges are models in the 30 series, I didn't write it down, may look on the web. Well did Lexmark finally get the message they can make more money selling a customer more ink per dollar? I have a long history of using bulk ink to refill, and it has worked fine, albeit I don't print photographs with my printer.

Coments on X8350 and the associated value/cost of its ink please.

Comments (4)