SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaddy101

Machine won't acknowledge the new HD, suggestions?

shaddy101
13 years ago

Received a new Iomega HD, plugged in, nothing, went to website, found link to won't acknowledge, and still nothing, followed trouble shooting, am in a quandry, thought this would be so EASY? meet the queen of hard knocks people, if sumpin bad is gonna happen, it will.

I have done the puter shut down, and restart,

BTW, my S/N is U4BA261308, in case that yields some more info at the site, but don't think so.

Both plugs are in the machine, supposed to be 2 in machine, and the 1 for the HD and I have good contact there.

This plug and go thing is a puzzle, have green lite and is go, what am I missing, or what should I be looking for as a drive that would show up, I have Floppy (A) local disk (C), and DVD-RAM-(D) showing on the listing in mY computer.

Thanks for any clues. XP as OS, what other info needed?

Quick install in book says:

Connect the mini connector on the USB cable to the back of the drive-done

Connect the standard USB connactors on the cable to USB ports on your computer.-done

PC users, the drive icon should appear in my computer or WindowsExplorer(don't know what that is)

Tells me how to use the drive, and I am not disconnecting as there is nothing to worry about losing, and no icon in the taskbar either.

Drive not detected-Try restarting-done-make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the drive, make sure both lines of the cable are connected to the computer-done

Try changing the connections to different USB ports, can't, only have 2.

Comments (11)