SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

36 inch induction cooktop with bridging

crl_
9 years ago

I am at the very beginning stages of investigating a more expansive (in scope, size and budget) kitchen remodel than originally envisioned. If we go with this bigger remodel, I would like to switch to double wall ovens and a cooktop.

I love my current frigidaire induction range. So I know I want an induction cooktop. I think I would like a 36 inch cooktop rather than a 30 inch, though I have never cooked on anything bigger than 30. I doubt I would use the extra burner, per se, as I never have more than three things at a time now (and usually just one or two). But the extra space for handles and such seems like it would be a nice luxury.

The one thing I do wish I could do on my current set up that I can't is cook with a griddle. So I'd like to find a cooktop that allows bridging.

I tried searching a bit on gardenweb and took a quick look at ajmadison. All I came up with for a 36 induction cooktop under 2k that allows bridging is the kitchenaide architect. Am I missing other possibilities? Thoughts on it?

Thanks so much! (And Happy Thanksgiving!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Aj Madison kitchenaide induction cooktop

Comments (13)