SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zone4newby

Where to find inspiration photos for simpler homes?

zone4newby
11 years ago

We're planning to build a house that has a very simple shape and roofline. I'm trying to find photos both to figure out exactly what we want to do with the exterior and to show our builder, but all the homes I can find online are either much more contemporary than we're planning, or have 15 dormers and a tower in front and 3 kinds of siding + stone... I'm exaggerating, but nothing is simple, and there's a limit to how much I can mentally erase and still feel like I have a good idea of how it would look.

I see people here recommending simpler structures and designs-- do you have any recommendations for where to look for inspiration that is like that?

I don't have an elevation from our architect yet, but we're planning to build a 2 story house that is 40 feet wide with the front door in the center, and 2 windows to each side. The second story will have windows that are slightly shorter than the main level, but in line with them and also a window above the front door. The roof will be hipped, 5/12. It's simple and symmetrical.

Comments (20)