SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
regfman

Bosch dishwashers doesn't drain

regfman
9 years ago

I have a Bosch dishwasher from about 2009-2010, controls on the front, not a high end model.

It is not draining. I've watched some youtube videos and checked to see that the impeller is not clogged, the little flexible plastic stop valve is not clogged and that the clear plastic exit path on the left side near the back to the hose that carries the water to the pipes under the sink is not clogged. I don't see any clogs. I did see that there was a small spoon in the area where the impeller is. It was not stuck in the impeller. I removed it. The fins of the impeller are all intact and the impeller turns and I can feel the slight resistance of the motor so that impeller is not unconnected from the pump motor.

I have a few questions:

1) Assuming the impeller/pump is working how can I check whether there is anything clogging the line between the impeller/pump and the side exit path?

2) How can I check that the impeller/pump is working?

2) There are only buttons on the front of the door that set which type of cycle to use. Is there a way to use the controls so that I can check draining without having to go through a full cleaning? I have set the shortest cleaning setting but that still takes a half hour to get to the point where I can see if the dishwasher has drained.

This post was edited by regfman on Fri, Nov 28, 14 at 12:41

Comments (5)