SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lupine6

Our builder is doing other jobs. Feeling 2nd best.

lupine6
13 years ago

Our builder is working about 2 days a week on our house for the last month. In two weeks he installed windows (which took him two days) and front porch (no railings just posts and bottom support beams).

We have told him more than once what he needs to do and he has told us he will get it done etc etc. Well, again today he is not on job site so my husband called and instructed him to meet him at job site right now.

We are contemplating having another company either take over some of the work or finish the work. We have this written into our contract that we are allowed to do so at any time during construction. That is one thing I fought for after reading horror stories here about people discussing having to obtain counsel to terminate relationship with GC.

We've had one draw and paid him commission on top of that and it seems after that payment he has taken on other jobs. Really disappointing and just have a not so nice feeling that he doesn't care, or can't be bothered with building our house.

So.....is this normal?? He told us he could have house done in 3-4 months. Well, it's month three and we don't even have siding or drywall. The house is framed and roof is done. Nothing else is done. They haven't even started the garage yet.

Feeling helpless and bad because while I really like our GC, I'm beginning to lose respect for him. At a loss.

Comments (6)