SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Blank media...not sure what I should be buying, help?

Hi...I want to purchase some blank CDs but I am not sure what I want/need and what is available. I have an older laptop that is almost 5 yrs old with a CD player that records. We are planning on buying new laptops soon as well..maybe going over to Apple from Dell. We are planning on buying a DVD/VCR player that records in hopes of transferring home movies that are on VCR to DVD/CD? We do not have High Definition anything nor do we plan on getting it any time soon.

So basically I want to be able to play music CDs, burn music to CDs [or are DVDs better?], play DVD movies, perhaps record movies from the TV to a DVD? Is that possible?, Plus take old movies already recorded on VCR tapes and home movies on VCR tapes and transfer those to DVDs. I also want to back up files, music and photos from my computer to DVD or CD.

So do I need different media formats for these different uses? Are there CD/DVDs that can be used over and over again and erase what is on them then record on them again? Do some formats fit certain machines but not all? Which brand is better than others?

Geeeezzz...how did things get so complicated?! [g] If you don't have time to give me a tutorial on it...if you know of a website that explains it all..a link would be great too.

Thanks for any input..

pm2

Comments (5)