SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Lost Auto Update for several apps

jerry_nj
14 years ago

For some reason Adobe Reader was not automatically updated on one of the computers in our home. The Reader was stuck at 7.1, not the current 9.2, so several opportunities to update didn't take place. I am running the same stuff on another computer and not having the same problem.

When I went to Firefox and tried to update it would not download. I then checked on the update for Firefox and saw a 3.5.5 update available... I updated and then went back to Adobe and the download was accomplished.

Guess my question is: is there some setting in Firefox and IE that would prevent the automatic update from taking place?

The real root problem, is my wife likes to use a credit card Virtual Account (in her case AT&T Universal Card) and for some reason it stopped working - it does interact with Firefox, the update in Firefox didn't fix the problem.

Sorry for the ramble, it may trigger some help in someone's mind. I'll try to trouble-shoot further and may be able to post a more succinct question. Now off to other things.

Comments (2)