SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_heather

What front door style goes best with top sash prairie grills?

mom_heather
14 years ago

We are getting ready to have a modular home build. Our house style is best described as two story craftsman inspired and we've chosen prairie grills-top sash only for all our windows. (I'd post the plans, but I don't know how.) I am really struggling with our front door choice. As with many others that are building, we are on a tight budget and my ideal door (Therma-Tru Classic Craft American with homeward glass and a 4-Block dentil shelf)costs close to $10,000 with matching glass sidelites and transom(eeks). As such, we've decided to go with something a little more builder-grade initally on the thought that we can swap out the door later.

So, my delimna is that I don't know which door style to use. As of right now, I've opted for all clear glass (full glass door, with full glass transom and sidelites). I'm second guessing myself and wonder if I should use a full panel door and have panes added to the sidelites and transom. Therma-Tru Smooth Star is builder grade. We live in the Baltimore MD area and there are very, very few craftsman types homes, so finding ideas has been difficult.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comment (1)