SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
virginiavictorian

Maytag French Door Fridge w/o Ice/Water in door -Anybody own it?

virginiavictorian
13 years ago

I'm looking at the Stainless Maytag 24.8 cu. ft. french door fridge with no ice and water - just ice maker in the bottom freezer. Model MFF2558VEM

It's sale priced for $999 at Sears and seems like a great deal - I don't want the ice and water in the door taking up space and eventually breaking - and it seems like a great value on a great looking french door fridge.

Questions -

1. Noise - have come across some online comments about it running loudly and constantly?

2. Quality - is this a Maytag built by Maytag - or is built by Whirlpool? Seems to be made in USA which I like.

3. No LED's or fancy features - but has nice storage space and shelving - again nothing fancy - with that deli drawer that I like - any issues here? I just don't know why I'd pay $500 or $1000 more for some bells and whistles (this is like getting my dw for free).

4. Flappy Seal on one door and door not closing easily - has anyone had problems with this?

5. ice maker in freezer with just a basket for freezer drawer - so ice can fall down through wire into bottom of freezer compartment? Can I get a solid bottomed insert for the wire pull out basket to catch any ice that falls?

Thanks for any comments!

made in usa, french door refrigerator, maytag, whirlpool

Here is a link that might be useful: Maytag French Door Fridge $999 at Sears

Comments (2)