SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claireplymouth

How to post photos revised 10/19/11

I'm posting a link to an FAQ on the New England Gardening Forum since the Building a Home forum does not yet have an FAQ page, and the question of how to post photos keeps arising. This is meant as a stopgap post to fill a present need.

The FAQ is excerpted from a series of threads where various forum members contributed valuable information and commentary. The threads got heavy with discussion, all of it useful but maybe hard to wade through if you just want to get a photo included in your post and don't really want to know the nitty-gritty. I'll give the SHORT and the LONG of it so you can take what you want and ignore the rest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE REALLY REALLY SHORT OF IT:

1. Get the photo onto your computer desktop, by digital camera or scanning or whatever.

2. Upload the photo to a web-hosting site; either by opening an account (Picasa, Photobucket, etc.) or by using a site that doesn't require an account (such as TinyPic or imgur). Pick a reasonable size for posting like 640 X 480 pixels.

3. From the list of codes on the website, pick the HTML code and copy it. DO NOT copy the IMG code. It won't work on GW.

4. Paste the HTML code into your message.

5. Preview should show the photo included in your post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LONG OF IT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW MORE:

See the How do I include a photo in my post? FAQ

Claire

Comments (11)