SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucybear05_gw

Clueless - Help Me Purchase All the Basics For Pots And Pans

Lucybear05
11 years ago

I desperately need help. We have just built our dream home. We move in 2 weeks. We are going from a tiny awful kitchen, including cheap little fridgidaire 4 burner ceramic cooktop. We have always just used a set of pots that my parents gave us when we got married (which THEY got as a wedding gift in 1971!). As for pans, we have just randomly purchased a non-stick pan at the local housewares store or Walmart or whatever as needed. So that about sums up our current situation.

Our new house has a 6-burner dual fuel range/oven from wolf. It is gorgeous. I am terrified of it.

Neither hubby or I are gourmet cooks. But we DO cook regularly (ie. we don't eat out a lot). We have a 2.5 year old, and twins are due in August. So we value family time and value family meals. But we do simple cooking. Breakfast on a Saturday might be pancakes and scrambled eggs with fruit. Lunch might be a simple quiche and basic salad. Dinner might be homemade spaghetti sauce, pasta and salad. Our meals are mostly kid friendly - chili, pasta and chicken, chicken pot pie, etc.

OK, so that's the background. We have the budget to buy what is needed in terms of good pots and pans for this basic kind of family cooking. I have been trying to research, but am totally overwhelmed. HELP ME!

If you were me, tell me EXACTLY what you would buy. THANKS!

Comments (10)