SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden_of_darwin

Electrolux Assistent (Magic Mill) - Happy V-day to me!

garden_of_darwin
18 years ago

Day before Valentine's Day, my hubby surprised me with his idea for my Valentine's Day gift (not that he's not a gift every single day): a new mixer for making/kneading bread. My 8 year old KA just isn't up to the challenge anymore, and me man wants his bread! :) We'll keep the KA for ordinary kitchen tasks (we have a lot of the attachments) because it works well for tasks such as egg-whipping, meat grinding, pasta making, cheese grating, etc., and I haven't killed it just yet.

DH was originally considering (based on reports and reviews by the LA times, Cooks Illustrated, etc.) the Viking and the DeLonghi, but after I mentioned the rave reviews I've seen of the Electrolux Assistent (Magic Mill) here, we expanded our horizons. I researched this machine, read through posts on the Yahoo group Mixer-Owners, watched some home videos of it in action and we debated the relative merits (and demerits) of all of the above. Thanks in large part to the positive, detailed and well-thought out reviews by TriciaE, and the recommendation of the Cooking Forum's AnnT, I ordered the Electrolux Assistent/Magic Mill last night through King Arthur Flour's The Baker's Catalogue. Woo-hoo!

The unexpectedly fun bonus was that there was a "10% off your next order" coupon for the Baker's Catalogue online, plus I got an automatic "5% off volume discount" for a +$500 order. Shipping was only $16.38, and due to their very clever marketing (I'm very aware that I'm a sucker for marketing), I added an additional 11 items to my cart without changing the shipping cost. I spent no more than it would have cost to buy the mixer shipped at the regular price, and I'm also getting a lame, 4 stainless scoops for my flour bins, Pain de Campagne starter, Fiore di Sicilia, Vietnamese Cinnamon, bread salt, a good oven thermometer and looking at my reciept, it looks like maybe some sort of gift? Yippee!

I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all of the information so generously shared here. I look forward to using my machine, and being able to post some useful information as well. Maybe even pictures! Thanks so much!

Susan

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio