SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three_daisies

Three DW repairmen - Bosch now worse off than before.

three_daisies
14 years ago

Bosch - SHE43 model, about $600 from Lowe's in 2008.

Top rack not washing at all (bottom rack seemed to be getting clean). First two DW repairmen were worthless. One was an idiot, 2nd said I needed a part, 3rd was an "authorized" Bosch repair guy who Bosch sent out and said that supposed part recommended by 2nd guy didn't exist.

He poked around in the bottom of the dishwasher and pulled out some mushy paper bits (I guess from a label) and said "aha." Then flushed out all the extra soap....then left and said the problem was solved.

Now DW not heating in addition to not getting anything clean - everything's greasy. No sanitizing. Even when it wasn't washing top rack, it was still getting hot as usual and sanitizing light would come on. Now it's cold. It also added about 1.5 hours (at least) to the regular wash cycle. I started the DW at about 10:30 am and was still going when I left the house at 2pm.

I have not had a working DW for a month now.

So I will be on my 4th service call once I call Bosch in the morning. Do I still hang in there with this Bosch? There aren't really any better alternatives out there, are there? Kenmore??

I've had a Maytag - hated it. Had an Amana - fully broken down after 2 years.

I can't afford a Miele. I'd be afraid to sink all that money in and get another fancy pricey CR recommended piece of junk.

Comments (5)