SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buffalotina

Miele DW Rinse Aid Dispenser Leak: Calling Antss & other experts!

buffalotina
13 years ago

For a while my Miele DW Model #G894 SCi PLUS has been consuming much more rinse aid than normal. At first I thought it was the result of a switch from the Miele brand to Finish. Now I am back to Miele and I noticed that there is a LEAK from the rinse aid dispenser. As best I can tell either it is because either the grey seal (second picture) needs to be replaced, or, perhaps more likely, there seems to be some kind of gouge/imperfection on the rim of the circular "bowl" over which the seal fits (see just to the right of setting 6 in the first picture). Thus I presume the seal may not be sealing well! I have no idea how this gouge got there. I have two questions:

(1) Is a replacement grey seal readily available?

(2) If that does not fix (and somehow I don't think it will) it can the whole rinse aid/detergent dispenser attachment be easily replaced? I am thinking the front of the door might have to be taken off for that but I could probably manage that myself.

Obviously I am trying to avoid an expensive service call: this DW is well out of warranty. Thought I would post here for expert advice before I call Miele :).

Thanks in advance!

Tina

{{gwi:1477285}}
{{gwi:1477286}}

Comments (27)