SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

do you have an electric can opener in your kitchen

vacuumfreak
17 years ago

Hello there. I am just wondering if I am in the minority on this one. When I was stocking my kitchen, I didn't think it necessary to buy an electric can opener. I didn't forget to do it. I just didn't do it on purpose. The counter tops in the apartment are small and those things are loud. I had a friend ask me where I keep my can opener plugged in. I took out my hand crank gadget and she was shocked. I haven't had an electric model since I lived with "other people". I AM the first and only person I know who doesn't have or use an electric can opener though. I don't really eat canned vegetables (or ANY vegetables), but I just use it for the occasional baked beans or tomato sauce. It also comes in handy for evaporated milk. I've noticed that the soup cans and cat food now come with pop tops so it the need for a can opener seems small. I know if we have a hurricane in FL (like THAT would ever happen!), I have my manual can opener and gas stove! Do you have both or just one or the other? Thanks!

Comments (24)