SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmaoz

Used Viking gas range, is it a good deal?

tmaoz
16 years ago

dear forum member

I'm in a process of remodeling my kitchen and one of the last things i still need to purchase is a gas rang.

I did a lot of research and decided on a GE slide in gas range (around $1200) but then this weekend i got an offer from a customer of mine to buy his used Viking gas range and i'm wandering if i better off buying a new gas range or putting the money to buy A 10+ years professional Viking 30" free standing gas range.

I'm not sure what is the specific model of the viking but i did look at the range and it's look in good condition beside some rust spot on the panel around the door, the owner used the stove until they purchase a new one 3 years ago and since then it's seat in the garage.

This model have 4 open burners, convection, and it's stainless still and black, it's look similar to the new viking 30" open burner model just with black panel instead of stainless still.

to make the long story short i need some help to find out if this a good deal or i should stick to a new range.

this are my questions:

1. how can i found what model is the viking range?

(i looked around the range and didn't find any model # etc)

2. where can i get info about old viking gas range?

3. is it possible to buy used parts for this range and what the cost of parts and Maintenance comparing to a standard GE range?

4. The asking price for the viking will be $900 is that a good price, as long as the range is in good working condition?

5. i know that there is a lot of people on this site that use viking or other pro range stove, how much better the cooking get with this professional models comparing to a standard range?

i have a week to make a disicion if to buy it or not and i will highly apritate any advice.

Thanks tmaoz

Comments (29)