SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billwags325

Viking 36 inch 6 burner GAS cooktop: Good Configuration??

billwags325
16 years ago

Anyone purchased a cooktop or rangetop that has actual experience cooking on one please help!!

I love the look of the Viking 36 inch 6 burner gas cooktop (professional series) I realized however it is the only line that makes a 36 inch 6 burner GAS drop-in cooktop. All others make only a 5? Is there a reason for this? Can I cook with a large saute pan, dutch oven and boil a pot of pasta on this stove? I am also concerned that I won't be able to get a good simmer. It does not have the duel stacked burners like a WOlF or Thermador and so the lowest BTU on the viking is not as low as the others claim. Also the largest burner has a BTU of 14,000 or 15,000. The others I think are 8,000. I don't know much about BTU's so are the other sizes enough? How often do you need 18,000 BTU's normally?. I love to cook and entertain and have a family of 5 with one daughter needing everything cooked separately due to food alergies. I was looking forward to getting the 6 burner gas cooktop. But now wonder if I need a 48 inch to actually be able to use as many of the burners as are there and if a professional rangetop would be a better choice. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm