SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakkom

DW detergent: Quantum

jakkom
11 years ago

Several previous discussion threads had comments from those who mentioned "chemical smells" from certain rinse aids. I read them but didn't contribute, as we've never had any issues except for a Kenmore/GE DW that couldn't clean the dishes at all but refused to break down, LOL.

We bought a KA a year before phosphates were banned completely. Based on advice from this forum, I switched from Cascade Gel to Quantum tablets and was amazed at the difference in cleaning power. We were very pleased.

Now, I do hate ripping those little foil wrappers off. I try to remember to do it before I load the DW, but sometimes I just forget and then I have to wrestle the wrapping off with greasy wet fingers. Very annoying!

I accidentally purchased the Quantum gel paks and finally got around to opening the box. Wow, much easier to just drop the little pak in, although it barely fits in the KA dispenser. Ran the DW and went to empty it the next day...

OMG - WHAT AN ARTIFICIAL STINK!

Like one of those cheap air fresheners that hides odors by giving one an instant headache from their fake, perfume-y smell. And the plastic containers "hold" the smell - I have to air them out on the counter for a day or more longer before it goes away.

Going back to the powder tabs. I couldn't believe it; there's no smell at all I can detect from the powder detergent. Never buying those gel things again.

Comments (9)