SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdonl061

Miele Dishwasher Help Please

jdonl061
9 years ago

We just moved into a new home that came with a Kitchenaid dishwasher installed in 2009. The start light started blinking yesterday and the dishwasher will no longer start. We tried shutting off the breaker and it still did not work. From my limited googling about this common issue it sounds like this is a control panel needing to be replaced and that it is likely not worth investing several hundred dollars into this machine. As a family of six we use our dishwasher at least twice a day and would like to replace this with a high quality machine. When our stove dies I would love to replace it with the dual fuel AGA. I considered the AGA dishwasher but it sounds like it is just a glorified kitchenaid as well. Therefore it seems like a Miele with a custom panel, specifically the Futura Classic G 4286 SCVi, would be a good choice for us. I really do not want stainless. So my questions for you are
1) Does anyone have any opinions on this dishwasher? Is it reasonable to expect it to last 15 -20 years? There is a promotion right now for a free 10 year warranty or 10% off, I think we would choose the warranty
2) Does anyone make dishwashers without computers in them anymore? My parents had a very simple dishwasher with a knob and there was never any major issues with it that I can recall for 20+ years. It seems like the control panel is a frequently malfunctioning piece.
My main requirements for a dishwasher are high quality and of course washing the dishes well. Noise doesn't bother me and I am not too particular about the racks, although I do like the idea of a 3rd rack. Thanks so much for any help or insight you could offer, I have learned lots from reading the appliance forum.

Comments (12)