SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kudzu9

Inbox Trojan

kudzu9
13 years ago

I'm very cautious about opening stuff in my email, but almost got fooled this time, so I thought I'd pass this on. I recently ordered a number of things online, and, a day or two later, I got a message in my inbox from the "US Postal Service" that said a package sent to me had been mis-addressed and was being rerouted for delivery, and that details were provided in an attached .pdf file. Since I was expecting several packages by mail, was whipping through my inbox, and it was late at night, my defenses were down: I clicked on the .pdf file and my McAfee immediately popped up a warning screen that it had caught a Trojan in the attachment and quarantined it. When I looked more closely at the message, it had supposedly been sent from "usps.com"...the Postal Service is usps.gov. Just another jerk trying to mess up my machine.

So, after counseling others in this forum several times to be careful about opening emails and clicking on attachments, I fell for it! No damage done, but I thought I'd use this as a reminder to mange your inbox carefully.

Comments (9)