SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl_hays3290497

Radiant Heat in Shower?

Intoodeep
12 years ago

We are close to starting on the Master Bath renovation.

My GC is planning to use an old-fashioned rubber membrane in the shower since he has not used Noble or Kerdi before and does not want my shower to be his gunea pig! This is particularly so because we have a 6' neo-angle shower and it may be complicated enough to deal with before trying new materials! This guy dis a fantastic job renovating our basement a few years back, so we want to go with him because he doea a great job and is easy to work with. I get a little, ummm, micro-manage-y with these renovations, so anyone willing to work with me again muct be a keeper!

I believe that he will do a preslope with the rubber membrane on top -- extending 12" up the wall so I think I am OK with the basic plan. I will make sure he uses a poly sheet behind the cement board on the walls.

The question now is how and where does the radiant floor go? The whole bathroom is over our garage so in the winter the floor is REALLY cold! The GC has never put radiant flooring in the shower, so I want to help make sure we do it right! I think he is planning to lay wires in place vs a mat because we have lots of angles in the bathroom.

Thanks!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath