SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
migsutu

Miele SpeedOven 120V or 240V ?

migsutu
9 years ago

I am trying to be ahead of our installers who I don't 100% trust. We have a H6800BM SpeedOven from Miele that is supposed to be installed in a couple of weeks. We were checking the fit in the cabinet space and realized we only have a standard 120V outlet. The spec sheet originally told us 120v/240V 20 A. My original assumption was it could work off either 120V or 240V and just use more or less amps respectively. The book says look at the tag on the machine( it shows 120V/240V), however it comes prewired with a 14-30P plug on it. The new spec sheets for the oven say it must be 240V. The box it come in however simply said 120V 60Hz.

My current understanding is 120V/240V means the plug needs to be able to supply both voltages. The box the machine came with is now the major point of confusion. Otherwise I would have already started fishing wires. I plan on calling Miele as well when they are open to get further clarification. Does anyone here have experience in kitchen appliances with a 120/240V tag?

Comments (4)