SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fruitjarfla

DriverAgent

fruitjarfla
15 years ago

From PcWorld email, I got a reference to Phoenix Technologies' driveragent.com -- to get a scan of my computer to check to see if all my drivers were current. A surprise to me -- the result was that 30% (11) of my drivers were not current. All of them are not important to my use of the computer but others are worth checking. I don't intend to use it but I think the driveragent site allows for receiving an email to get a link for each driver update. If I cannot find an update on my own I will rerun driveragent and try its email process.

Comments (2)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    15 years ago

personally I don't mess with my drivers unless I am having a problem or I get a security notice of some sort, when I go to windows update to get my windows updates I do check there on the left side to see if it shows any drivers for my system if so I check to see what they are and if I think I need them.

• randy_ca
    15 years ago

Ditto, I agree, don't mess with the drivers.
    If it is important and you have Windows, Microsoft will include it in updates.
    You'll find out with the DriverAgent that even if you register, you'll be taken to a page where you have to pay to download drivers.
    Any driver on the planet can be found for free with a google search.
    Updated drivers are usually for newer hardware.
    For instance DriverAgent says my NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro is bad, but any of the newer NVIDIA drivers won't install because they're for newer NVIDIA video cards.
    So what they're saying is yes, there are newer drivers available, but most likely it is for newer hardware than you have.

A couple of worth while programs if you do a lot of formating and system installations are DriverGenius or DriverMagic which gathers every driver on you system and stores them in a backup folder.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor