SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
richard904

A general contractor when you cannot find the good subs?

richard904
12 years ago

If I do a search on the need for a general contractor for a bathroom renovation, then in this forum the most confident people on being their own contractor are those who have worked with or can find the good crafts people. However, many of us are in areas where trades people do not respond with proposals or do not care at all, and locating good shower and bathroom tile installers who can work with the plumbers and electricians and carpenters and cabinet makers may be very hard. I think this would make the case for getting a good general contractor, since I would only have to find the right one person, then letting the contractor put together the team and of course do all the coordination.

We currently live near Ottawa KS, which is 36 miles SW of Olathe KS, a major suburb of Kansas City. Given the troubles our neighbors had with projects, it would be of no value to ask "who did you use?" Is this the case where you would think it is a no-brainer not to be your own general contractor? If you had similar experiences and finally got the work done, how did you proceed?

Comment (1)