SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindajewell_gw

Update on BSOD & other errors

lindajewell
15 years ago

First I want to thank all of you for your help! Now, ya'll suggested I call Dell since this laptop is still under warranty, so I did. First thing they did was try and sell me additional warranty contract that would connect me directly to American techs, nice sales pitch huh? Did not go for it, just told them to get me through to someone that could help. They did, I got a tech that actually listened, gave him permission to access system to look at error messages. He saw the BSOD's and did a scan of all my hardware, no problems found. He then sent me over to the software expert who looked around and first thing he noticed was the SuperAntiSpyware and said it was conflicting with McAfee. I told him that is not the case because I uninstalled it for a while and still got the error messages! He scanned everything and said he could find no evidence of conflicts with software, no viruses, nothing!

So that is how we left it, no hardware problems, no software problems but a case number for me if I get the BSOD again. So all in all I found out nothing on what was causing the problem!

Well, just wanted to update ya'll and if I get anymore BSOD I will post here as well as notify Dell, I feel ya'll will find the answer faster than the guy from India.

Linda J

Comments (8)