SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcwesley_gw

Another 'Which Oven Should I Buy' Post

dcwesley
16 years ago

I have been surfing / shopping for appliances for over a year for a complete kitchen remodel, but it is now time to decide. We have settled on a basic Asko dishwasher and a 36" Wolf Rangetop with sealed burners, but are REALLY struggling with the oven decision. In the end we are willing to spend what we need to get what we want, but we are still very budget concious.

After much discussion we did finally agree we are getting a double oven (ironically I wanted the single, but my husband is insisting on the double for those 5 times a year we will be glad we have. We are relativley basic cookers - Sunday roast & rolls, broiled fish on the weeknights, cookies (literally THOUSANDS of them) at Christmas, ocassional loaf of homemade bread.

So here are my questions -

1) We both agree that if we are having a double oven both need to be convection. I was thinking perhaps to save money we should look at the GE ovens, but I do not think any of the GEs have convection in both upper & lower. Is that right?

2) So next we are looking at the Dacro classic line, but I am worried about all the repair problems the Dacor seems to have. Does this extend to the classic line as well?

3) Our third option is the Miele. I am interested to hear if anyone uses the multiple "fancy" modes beyound basic bake, broil, time bake, and probe temperature. I am not sure I am impressed with it figuring out what temperature to proof, dehydrate, or defrost for me. I know how to set temperatures, and what what temperature I want to cook my roast at.

4) Since I am not satisified about any of the above, is there a fourth option I shoud be considering?

Thank you for all of your help.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!