SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avossohouse

Some Help with attached house plans please

avossohouse
10 years ago

Hello Garden Web! We are in the beginning stages of building our first home. I've been on GW for months looking at everyone's suggestions and reveals. It's quite the addictive site. I'm hoping those of you further along in the process of building can help me! Our plan (attached) was reversed this last revision and I feel completely disoriented. The front of the home faces SE and we live in the SE. Some of my concerns:
1. the screened porch area (NW facing) will be unusably hot in the afternoons. Not sure there is much that can be done about that. I felt it was it perfect before it was reversed.
2. We have the option of a 3' wide overhang roof over the triple French doors in the GR, or no overhang and doors that are almost triple in cost even with the overhang price considered. Either way, the French doors will have a 18" transom over them. This was done because I wanted LIGHT. Now with the plan flipped, will I get enough light with the overhang and the breakfast area already blocking the GR doors? The builder tells me in addition to being more economical, the overhang will protect{{gwi:807}} from weather and future failure of the doors.
3. Where would you place the MB bed? I also have x2 nightstands, a dresser, a tv stand the width of a dresser, and a wardrobe. If I place the bed along the back wall, should I move the windows to go behind the nightstands?

Thanks for reading.

This post was edited by BINK5 on Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 18:26

Comments (9)