SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuesdayswife

Need help with shower tile/outside corner

tuesdayswife
13 years ago

I'm new to this site so bear with me....

We are remodeling our basement and that includes the bathroom. Actually, we've been in the process of remodeling this bathroom for about 5 years now but just recently have the funds to actually do it now.

We tore out an old modular-type shower and built this one. Where I am "stuck" is how to finish off the one outside corner of this shower. The lighter part of the wall (where you can see the "mud") will be painted. The darker section will be tiled. But, at that corner, is where I'm stumped.

The tile that we are putting on the wall in the shower is 6x6... the only bullnose that is available that matches is 3x12. I thought we could cut the bullnose pieces in half and bullnose that entire strip but I'm not sure if it will look strange just having that single 3" strip running right along the edge of that one section vertically. I'm also going to be putting a "chair rail" of sorts at about eye level. That will be slate mosaic tile and the same 6x6 tile used on the rest of the shower walls but will be set at a diagonal/diamond pattern.

So, I guess after all of that rambling, my question is: How do I finish off that outside corner without using the bullnose pieces?

Thanks in advance! Also, if this isn't making sense, I'd be HAPPY to take more pictures and post them to explain myself better. This is our first tiling project (other than 12x12 tile on the floor... which we are actually in the process of doing as I type this)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom shower

Comments (4)