SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandms

Need some good advice

grandms
13 years ago

I just installed a new hard drive from Western Digital to replace the one I was having problems with. I had two backups done on my external hard drive via Acronis Home Image. I finally figured out the restore function, but I chose the older backup of July 2009 to be restored. After it restored (yes, everything was just as it had been at that time), I could not find the later backup that I had done on Sept. 2, 2010. However, with the external disk connected via USB2, I was able to see both backups on that disk. So I moved (not copied, and probably a mistake to do it this way) the latest backup to Drive C, my internal HDD. Now I have a folder with all this information in it, but my active disk is still the backup as of July, 2009. Here's my question:

How can I safely install the backup of Sept. 2010 to HDD C and thereby be up to date with everything? Now remember, I no longer have this backup on the external HDD since I moved it to C instead of just copying. I do not want to lose this information since this is what I need to continue to use this computer. Didn't want to muck around any more and really get myself into a mess.

By the way, the full story is on this thread "I think I have a problem"

Comments (27)