SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

GOOGLE account login experts?

chas045
13 years ago

First time here. Are there any google experts here?? I seem to be in a catch 22. I set up a GOOGLE account in 1/10 specifically to use Picassa (the photo site)but I THINK I set up a Gmail act. since they offered. I believe I had to change my name on the gmail. I received an activation email sent to my regular email. I activated it. If I hadn't, I don't think I would have gotten to the step for signing up for gmail. I kept that email because it was supposed to help cancel or reactivate my acct.

So, big surprise, I forgot that exact name and exaact password. A month later I attempted to login but gave up after google auto help sent info suggesting that my regular email had no google account info connected to it. I also tried using my activation email to fill in a help form to reset my account but the google form seems to want to know my gmail info and regular email info but doesn't like them. NOW I would like to do something about it. I had been told to just set up a new account BUT when I try, google tells me my regular email is already used for an account, but when I check, it still says there is no account linked to it. I tried guessing my password, but so far no luck, and apparently google forums need me to be logged in to get help. So much for the genious at google!

any genious here instead?

Comments (11)