SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Sharing my holidays and family updates with everyone

girlsingardens
15 years ago

Well the good news is that we never had to worry about Cory being around Rhiannon or the other kids because he never showed up. Also another good is Dan did come down for opening presents and my folks are trading our extended cab pickup for the suberuban. With 4 kids and all the parafaneilia at the last Christmas, we had bags packed in between all seats and on the floor. We had to unpack the bags to get the kids out, definately not safe for the kids. My mom has been wanting a surburban and will trade our truck in. We are forever thankful for the ease of our family and their safety. We had a lot of fun opening presents and for the first time my homemade and well thought out presents were all ver appreciated, which made me feel good. My folks gave me 100 dollars to spend all by myself, so antique and thrifting I go. 2 Days ago I hit an antique mall and found exactly what I wanted. I have been into collecting miniatures for a year or so and my 2 cases are full. So I needed to find more. I wanted to find old printers drawers because many of my collectibles are tiny, my favorite are the old cracker jack prizes. So if anyone is done displaying their miniatures send them my way. Well I found a 3x2 foot tray in decent condition for 50 dollars. When we ( the owner and me) went up stairs she showed me 2 more that are each half the size of the bigger one. So I asked her the best she could do and charged me 49 dollars for all three, I was so tickled. I also picked up an old bottle brush tree from the 50's decorated with ornaments and glitter. It sits on a foot wide circle base and is on a turn table so thta you can see everything. On the base of the tree all around are over 30 crackerjack toys and trinkets glued down as presents. It is homemade and special to me,the best thing was the price was 6 but everything was half off so I got it for 3. I will have Dh take a pic of it and my shadow boxes that are filled and the new ones.

That was the good thing the bad thing is very upseting to me, not about my brother but his effect on my family. Cory wasn't around yesteday because he knew that we would be ther and I would leave if he came. DH stayed at home with flu and afraid he would say somethin. Well DH's brothre who is also friends with my brother told me that Cory had been drinking for 3-4 months, but he had his drinking under control, those who know AA know that isn't true. Well we waited and waited lunch for him and mom got a cll that made her cry. Then dad and db Casey took off for town. It took a little to get out of them but finally someone said that he had gotten drunk and in a barroom brawl. I am not sure what all happened but another AA member picked him upt( from jail??? considering his record) My dad and brother tried to get him to come home but he wouldn't. Dad also had lots of calls from other AA members but everything was hush hush so I am not sure what was happening.

As far as Cory's actions ruining Christmas, it had no effect, it surprised no one and with out him there it was so calm, no yelling and bad comments. I feel bad for my folks being hurt, but they ignored the problem for so long, but I still love them and don't want them hurt. So the holidays went well and were enjoyable and stress free for the first time in years. One Christmas DH and sis had to get DH out of jail. He has 5 DWI or DUIs, breaking and entering, public intoxication, public urination, reckless driving, and passing a fire truck wit the lights flashing.And these are only the ones that I know about So if the police do get involved even Dad said there wasn't anything he could do about it. He has burned so many bridges that there is no one to help him out. I am glad this has come out and I shared what was bothering me.

Thanks for your support for Dan and I we both had fun and could feel your love and support from around the world.

Stacie

PS Serisously if anyone wnats to get rid of minatures let me know, I am in love with them, toys, old costume jewelry, figurines and just about anything of a small scale, even it it wasn't meant for a shadow box.

Comment (1)