SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollymycat_gw

Anybody have experience with a Kenmore Elite 40" electric range

MollymyCat
10 years ago

I am getting ready to remodel my kitchen and I since I live on an isolated ranch I am unable to purchase a gas stove. I am also locked out of a propane stove as my husband does not want the liabilities or dangers of a propane tank on our property.

I would like a double oven, side by side not one over one as I don't relish getting down on the ground to use the bottom oven. I have spent a lot of time searching for a vintage stove (prefer teal), but they are very difficult to keep running because of a lack of parts.

The only US available electric ranges that are configuration friendly for my home are the Frigidaire and Kenmore Elite brands. I have read reviews by people who are have just purchased these stoves and seem to really like them, but I would really like to hear from somebody who has had one for a year or two (or more) and find out what their experience is.

The Frigidaire line (new merchandise) does not appear to have very good quality, but Kenmore Elite has just won the JD Power award. But I cannot determine if the award includes the 40" range which is probably made by Frigidaire.

Any input? I am going to keep trying to find a vintage stove, but I am losing hope on finding the right one.

Thanks for any input.

Comments (11)