SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Downloading &/or Digitizing Music

Debbie Downer
12 years ago

Hello all

Ive only recently begun catching up with new technology for listening to music.

I have tons of old vinyl and cds, used to be a real music fan back in the day. Some of the vinyl does not exist on Cd or online... does it make sense to just convert these to MP3? Is the sound quality decent? Any reason why Id want to put them in CD format? Can anyone recommend software for this purpose? I have an old turntable but no receiver/amplifier - will I need to have one of those?

Started downloading some music that already exists digitized - purchasing from amazon + downloading some very old 50s/60s stuff from Youtube... its so much fun to find this old stuff!!

Some of the songs I downloaded in MP3 format - I find them right in the "downloads" folder where they should be. Other songs I can't find anywhere on my hard drive! I can see and listen to them on Windows Media Player but cannot locate them anywhere. Where are they??? It kind of bothers me that there's stuff hidden on my computer somewhere - or is it for some reason being streamed from elsewhere - even though I specifically requested it to be downloaded as an MP3?

And Finally - last question. How best to store/organize my music long term. How much music fits on a computer anyway - like say hundreds or thousands of songs? Not sure I want to go the Ipod route.

Comments (6)