SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
musicgal_gw

It's September, 2014. How is your Build? Part 2

musicgal
9 years ago

I can tell a lot of folks are in the "crunch" stage right now. Lots of progress and attention to the process for a lot of you- and working through some issues probably. For me today, cleaning construction crud off the iron doors was made more pleasant by a drop in temperatures here in South Texas! So the patio doors are open and the gentle breeze is blowing through the living room.

We are fairly pressed to find someone to do our wood floors upstairs at this point. Our kids have no place to stay to visit with us until we get that done and the holidays are coming up. Here's a pic of no man's land to start Part 2.

Autumn- I would have left that area bare except for the drop right there, at least for awhile. Sweet Em, my GD did a faceplant off that rise a few weeks ago (she arose like Maxwell Smart-unfazed). The rug pattern alerts the eye to the 6 inch drop- which we love in terms of aesthetics.
I guess as we continue to add finishes to the house, I will take some of these things to the the decorating forum. I think some of this may be useful to folks in the planning stage. For example, what purpose does that large area behind the sofa serve? For us it serves 2 purposes. With the console extended and staged it becomes a wine-tasting area- picked up and plain, it is a playground for little people with tiny shopping carts. Or big people to slow dance:-)

Comments (150)