SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Commercial dishwasher?

John Liu
14 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but my search did not turn anything up.

I am starting to plan a kitchen remodel, and am investigating appliance options.

Has anyone used a commercial dishwasher, and have thoughts about how one might work in a residential kitchen?

I see that some models will fit under a counter. I am intrigued by the idea of loading dishes in a rack placed on the counter then sliding the rack into the dishwasher and having washed dishes at 180F just 180 seconds later. I wonder if this might enable:

- less repeated bending over (to reach the bottom rack in a residential dishwasher)

- more efficient loading/unloading (maybe could even store the dishes in the rack, on a slide-out cabinet shelf)

- faster cleanup (wash everything - pots, pans, dishes, flatware/glassware in a couple runs of the dishwasher, rather than starting the dishes and handwashing the pots and pans while waiting for the dishwasher to finish).

What are the disadvantages of a commercial dishwasher? Besides cost and appearance, of course. Are they tougher on the dishes? Or very noisy (and does it matter, if the noise only lasts 180 seconds)? Require unusual plumbing or electrical?

Comments (13)