SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyka_gw

Subway Tile: Who Knew This Was So Complicated?

Lilyka
9 years ago

So, I'm redoing my bathroom, and using white tiles for practically everything. I want white matte subway for the main part of the room, then white glossy subway for the shower, with a white arabesque detail at the top of the shower.

Easy, right? But I'm really looking for a vintage, polished look, so I want a base board molding (preferably something a little more intricate than cove molding, but i'm not holding my breath), and also a nice chair rail or other molded tile to finish at the top.

Then of course there's all the different sorts of bullnose to worry about, and corner finishing pieces for in-corners and out-corners... makes my head spin! I'm trying to stay in the big box store price range for the field tile, maybe $3/sf. I don't need anything handmade or fancy. But maybe the lower-end brands don't do the nice finishing options?

So I guess the real questions are: does anyone know a brand that makes a good, bright white in both gloss and matte, that has nice finishing pieces as well? Do finishing pieces even come in matte, or am i going to have to mix matte and gloss? And will that look weird? Has anyone done that who could post a photo?

Help, advisors! I need your advice!!

This post was edited by Lilyka on Mon, Nov 24, 14 at 22:39

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!