SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindybarts_gw

After you move in....a little let down??

lindybarts
16 years ago

So does anyone else who has recently moved in feel a slight bit of a let down? For the past year, I've lived and breathed coming over to the house, making mind boggling decisions, fretting over the latest delays and running around town looking at inspiration homes. Now that we've moved in, I find myself missing the building process. Am I nuts? I do love my house and we are settling in just fine but it's almost like I felt after my wedding. Planning for a whole year and then when it was over it was like the air went out of the balloon. LOL I am spending alot of time at Bed Bath and Beyond and slowly decorating but it's not the same frenzied pace as building when we had deadlines for making choices and I couldn't return things as easily as you can at BB&B.

The other issue is how to get over the fact that there will be spills, there will be dings and nothing will ever be brand new forever. I about had a heart attack when dh carried a TV upstairs and crashed into the woodwork with the corner of it. The carpenter fixed it up a bit but it's definitely a blemish now. The cat has thrown up and the kids have spilt several glasses of milk. What can you do?!

Lindy

Comments (24)