SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theutahn

Help with toilet decision please - Toto?

theutahn
9 years ago

Hoping some of the resident experts can help us out with a tough decision (at least for us).

We had a toilet crack the day before yesterday and I'm looking to replace it ASAP. But I'm a bit confused about selection, my local dealer is even more confused, and Toto is closed until Monday!

Basically we need a 10" rough in toilet. Replacing a builders grade 'western' brand toilet that has flooded half our house due to a crack in the tank. Our criteria is as follows:

-universal height may be too high - we are 5'8", 5'3", and have 2 very young children.
-we would prefer an elongated bowl
-we would prefer either a dual flush or lower GPF (1.28?). -skirting would be very nice when cleaning
-not very interested in some of the designs that need cleaning of the bowl after every flush.

The Aquia was appealing to us, and the price is right, but we have read multiple posts of people complaining of skid marks and constantly having to clean bowls.

I've read the Drake II has a great flush but it doesn't appear to be available with a 10" rough in according to Toto's website.

Eco Drake and Drake appear to be available with a 10" rough in, but both are ADA height only.

The Vespin II appears to be ideal, but again is only available with ADA height.

One note - the vespin, drake, and eco drake all are ADA height in 10" rough in, but the sites specs only show the height to the top of the seat, not rim of the toilet, so comparisons are a bit tough. And I'm basing all this information off of Totos website and what they say is available.

Lastly, the American Standard Cadet III fulfills most of the criteria except skirting, but seems to have some significant QC issues, particularly from the big box stores where it is available.

Any help or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living