SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polarprincess

What to do when it's not turning out like you pictured?

polarprincess
13 years ago

we started from scratch- a 12 x 14 master bath that i could design any way i wanted and i chose to do a suite sort of bathroom. there is a vanity room, a tub and shower room and a toilet room. only the toilet room has a door on it. i chose very dark cabinets and a quartz countertop. we have a very nice whirlpool tub with a beautiful tile surround.. the only thing i do love about the bathroom so far. we first painted the room a sandy brown color and detested it, and re-painted it this beachy brown color called timberdust and i just dont like it either and neither one of us can figure out how we would paint it again now that the tile is done, as it has too many hard to reach places. The paint has a pink undertone or something and i also dont like the floor. the floor guy had a deadline so i didnt get much chance to pick it out and was rushed into it, and now i am stuck with it. i also dont like the lighting. it casts a cold feel instead of a warm feel i am going for. i should have planned for more natural light but didn't. have changed the lighting twice and still cant get it right... no matter what i do, it just is not what i was going for..i am just sick because it should not be like this..this should have been my dream bathroom.

We dont have the white trim nor pictures up yet, but i just dont see them making enough difference that it will change my mind. Has anyone else been in the same boat and figured something out? Any suggestions to "warm" it up? I was going for this beachy cottage spa like look and it looks more like a modern something...dont know what to call it.

Comments (9)