SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden18c

Convection/microwave recommendations needed

garden18c
15 years ago

We are looking for recommendations for a microwave/convection oven. This will be used primarily as our microwave but I want the convection option so that we have a second oven available when needed. We will be purchasing a 36" range - with gas/convection single oven.

The MW/convection oven will be wall mounted - 18" deep cabinet approximately 8" above counter height. Is there such an oven available for that depth of 18"? The reason for 18" depth is because this is adjacent to a single window and I don't want a huge and bulky tower so close to the window.

The other option is put the MW underneath counter height and go with a 24" depth oven - but we do not prefer this as the MW is low and less convenient- need to bend over to remove items etc. The other consideration is the door swing - the door opening downward is preferable to side opening. I know we are limiting our options but we need to start somewhere.

We originally eliminated Advantium as an option (not a true oven) but are open to opinions.

Comments (4)