SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
surveymom

Need creative suggestions to fix a shower booboo

surveymom
16 years ago

My husband and a friend of his are putting in a small 3/4 bath in our basement. We are installing a Maax neo round shower. I had to special the order the shower - it took two months to get it. Last night they were working on putting up the shower walls. They cut the hole for the faucet - and then discovered that they had the walls upside down. So now we have a 3 inch hole in the acrylic wall that does NOT have the faucet on it.

I really don't want to have this project grind to a halt for two months while we wait for new shower walls (or to spend the money for them again.)

Any creative ideas how to fix this? Husband suggested hanging a soap dispenser over the hole but I think it is too far down the wall to make that look right? Next solution was just to find some kind of metal cap that goes over the hole and be done with it - and have a metal pimple on the shower wall. I am totally not thrilled with that idea. His next idea was to be buy some brightly colored tile and figure out how to "randomly" mount 8 or 10 tiles all over the enclosure - one of which would cover the hole.

Any thoughts on these ideas? Any other suggestions? Or do we just do it "right" and re-order the walls?

Comment (1)