SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poodledo_gw

Any feedback on Kenmore Elite FS electric range # 98023?

poodledo
14 years ago

Hello,

Having stumbled upon the Friends and Family sales event at Sears last night, we made some quick decision purchases (see other posts for other appliances) knowing we can cancel our order for a full refund if need be, anytime before scheduled delivery.

We found the Kenmore Elite Stainless Steel 30 inch Freestanding electric range, with dual or double oven very appealing.

However, there are some concerns I have. First of all, it's a bit disconcerting that their (Sears) promotional materials (the laminated pages in their big 3 ring binder flip-thru-book on display for reference out on the floor) identifies this oven as having self cleaning upper and lower ovens for THIS specific model,when in fact, only the larger, lower oven has self cleaning capability (and locking ability). How big of a concern should I consider this? I am embarrassed to admit that I have never cleaned (self clean or otherwise) any of the ovens in any of the numerous places I've lived, mostly because I rarely bake/use the oven, so none of them ever got very dirty (also use a cookie sheet below any items that might spill over).

Please give feedback good, bad or otherwise on this range - ASAP.

Thank you!

Comment