SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lily622

30' Electric Freestanding Range - Double ovens? Induction?

lily622
15 years ago

Hi,

I'd appreciate any advice and suggestions on 30" electric freestanding ranges. (I like the look of the slide-in ranges, but my understanding is that slide-ins need some countertop in the back and the counters need to be a specific height...so I don't think one would work).

I'd love a range with 2 ovens (no double wall ovens in the foreseeable future for us). Anyone have a range with 2 ovens? Thoughts? I like the idea of induction but hesitate at the limited selection of freestanding ranges.

We aren't keen on Maytag or Frigidaire and hesitate on GE Profile due to friends' mixed experiences. Our options:

Electrolux 30" freestanding double oven

Jenn Air 30" freestanding double oven

Kenmore Elite 30" induction with warming drawer

I believe the Electrolux has the largest size ovens and it looks fantastic with lots of bells & whistles but I can't find much feedback. Have heard good things about Jenn Air, but have also seen tons of horrible reviews re: reliability online. Not sure about the reliability and quality of the Kenmore Elite Electric Induction...

Finally, I wonder if we should save up for a Viking or other pro-style range? Is that worth it if it's an electric? I'd love a duel fuel but right now it's not an option. The new Viking Induction Electric range looks great but I've read that it's wildly expensive ($6,000+) and does not have a second oven or warming drawer...

Any advice would be most appreciated!!

Thanks!

Lily622

Comments (9)