SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

This blindsided me-can I ask for healing thoughts??

susie_que
14 years ago

I feel like I've been sucker punched.

Except for maybe the newbies, most everyone else has heard me talk about our good friend Dan.

Dan is Franks best friend so this is very hard for him.

Dan is very sick.

He has always had issues with his legs for oh as long as I've known him but you see he tips the scales at over 350 lbs so with the extra weight comes those issues.

He had some sort of growth-cyst removed several weeks ago in the hospital. The short story is infection set in which lead to a staph infection which lead to phuemonia in both lungs which lead to the breakdown of his kidneys and he has slipped into a coma.

The doctors are trying to contain the infection all the while get his kidneys to work.

His one lung collapsed and he remains in a coma.

Its so bizzare because Dan helped us move just a few weeks ago and he was looking great!! Laughing and joking and always there to lend a hand no matter what...and now he is like this.

A little back story....Dan lived acrossed the street from us in Philly. He sold his house after his divorce and got custody of his 2 young boys and moved in with his folks to help them and to save for a decent place for him and his kids.

His oldest and Andrew are also best friends.

Dan and the boys along with Frank and Drew would go to all sort of sporting events together and we would often vacation together.

You know the damnest thing is we were supposed to get together this past weekend to celebrate Drews birthday.

The doctors have told Dans folks they cannot give them any conclusions other that to wait and see if he wakes up.

Kuddos to my dear SIL who works at this hospital in the caf as she has been going and checking on Dan and giving us updates...I really do not want to go as they have him one of the rooms (ICU)where my dad was and I just can't handle that right now so Frank goes and he told Dan I would see him when he gets to a regular room.

So please send some healing thoughts or prayers to Philly for our buddy and his kids!!

Thanks

Susie

Comments (27)