SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_17608241

27' Wall Oven set -- Choices?

User
15 years ago

I would like to get a 27" set consisting of Single Oven, Warming Drawer, and Built-in Microwave. The desirable (but not absolutely necessary) features are:

Oven: convection + rolling racks + self-cleaning (must-have)

Microwave: prefer no convection, just a simple unit. (I think that the convection/microwave combos are hard to clean -- am I wrong? Also I am not sure I would ever use the convection part -- this is for a couple in an apartment.)

My current choice is Electrolux that has all the units above. I also looked at Bosch but it does not seem to have rolling racks in 27". Another choice could be Thermador, but I do not see any particular advantage and it would be more expensive (But I can choose to have a microwave that has induction). Finally I looked at Miele since I plan to have a Miele induction top and a Miele D/W.

Miele has a very nice warming drawer -- it includes a small convection fan. But the Miele oven is very expensive -- it is more than all the 3 Electrolux appliances together, and they have no simple microwave -- I would need to get a "speed oven" for over $2k. So would pretty much double the Electrolux price and no roller racks. Another hassle with Miele is that it is not really 27" it is 70cm so I would need non-standard cabinets.

Bottom line: Any mistake in my analysis? Is there some other make I should consider? It seems the only prevalent problem with the Electrolux oven is dust entering the door space ...Anything else? Do people like the oven and the microwave?

Many thanks! -- CF

Comment