SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psellers49

27' single wall oven recommendation

psellers49
14 years ago

I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered, but I am getting overwhelmed by all the info out there and can't read another post! I am replacing my wall oven. I am open to any brand, regardless of price. I don't need a fancy brand name to impress anyone, but I am willing to pay for top of the line if it is still a good value. Value is more important than price. But I don't really need anything fancy in terms of the actual cooking process. My main use is for baking (cookies, tarts, etc); roasting chicken; broiling lamb chops; various potato dishes, etc. The few absolute requirements are that I am pretty sure it can be no larger than 27" (wide) and I am pretty set on stainless steel. Other than that, here are my priorities in order:

1. Even cooking and true temp for baking. (Tired of half the cookies raw and the other half burned).

2. Reliability - no bad history of repair issues

3. Ease of use - e.g., intuitive controls and easy functioning of door and racks

4. Good self-cleaning capability

5. Fast pre-heat would be nice

6. I've never used convection so could live without it, but based on research, it sounds like it would be good to have.

Based on all my research so far, here are my thoughts about different brands:

Frigidaire Pro: Strongly leaning towards this brand. Haven't read any complaints except that it doesn't have the cache of other brands. Seems like it has everything I need at a great price. But am I missing something?

Electrolux: People rave about the ease of use of the racks. But some complaints about the interior flaking. Is that still a problem? How would any of you compare Frigidaire vs. Electrolux. (Owned by the same parent company).

Wolf: The Smart Money article raves about the L-Series Wolf oven. Seems like it has good ease of use especially in terms of door/racks. Is there anything not to like about this oven other than the price? The SM article mentions long pre-heat time. Are my other choices any better?

Gaggenau: Seem to be a lot of good reviews on this forum but not rated very highly in the SM article. Of course, that's only one chef's opinion on a one-time basis. Is there anything Gaggenau has that Frigidaire/Electolux/Wolf don't have?

GE Trivection: I have no idea what this is, but have read good reviews on this forum.

Finally, the brands I've ruled out:

KitchenAid/Viking/Miele: Just too many bad reviews. I'm sure there are a lot of people who like them. But with so many others to choose from, I don't see why I would risk going with a brand with bad reviews.

Any ideas are welcome. Especially particular model recommendations. Thanks!!!

Comments (3)